One of the things we love about our personalized stationery is that you can, well, personalize it. The simplest way is to simply add your name or initials, but you can also add something as creative as a favorite verse, lyric, original writing or photo. Once the note card is printed, however, what’s inside is all up to you. There are a myriad of reasons to send a personal note, and lots of creative ways to make them even more personal. Not feeling very creative? Here are some of the more delightful note card ideas we’ve heard from our customers that we’re happy to pass along to you.
- Include a gift card for your favorite coffee place with a note saying “Let’s have coffee!”
- Include a photo you’ve taken that is special to you…a place you visited, your family, the flowers you grew, or a picture of you and your friend from way back when.
- Include something your child just drew that day – kid art, especially for her.
- Send her some tea bags, because you know she became addicted to Earl Grey when she was in London.
- Enclose an article that made you laugh because you used to pore over People Magazine together.
- Send a poem that reminds you of a time you spent together.
- A quote from the past is always good for a laugh…the best jokes are the old ones.
- Send the lyrics to a song that reminds you of a wonderful time.
- Enclose a recipe you’ve been meaning to share with her–maybe she’ll send her secret recipe back.
- A fortune from a fortune cookie that made you think, “This is you!”
- Instead of moving announcements, stick matching address labels on the inside of your personal note cards.
We hope you enjoyed our note card ideas. Now go and send someone a smile. And if you don’t have your own note cards, it’s high time you ordered some from Pear Tree!
If you’re lucky, your mother, grandmother, or perhaps a teacher taught you how to write a thank you note
. It goes something like this: “Dear _______, Thank you for the ______. I will get a lot of use out of it. Thanks again. Love, ________.”
We all fall back on this basic format when we are in a hurry or don’t know the recipient very well. But often this stilted format doesn’t feel right, especially for a close friend or someone who’s done something unexpectedly nice. Sometimes a simple heartfelt thanks in your own words works better. But what to say? How to say it?
Some of our customers have quoted writers or religious verses, written their own personal haiku, said thank you in multiple languages, or included artwork or photos of themselves or their children holding a hand-painted “Thank You.” We’re amazed by these creative thank you card ideas.
The bottom line is, you know the recipient the best. Your note should make a connection in a way that seems real and personal. With a good friend, being a little cheeky and clever is welcome and sure to incite laughter. With an older friend or relative, the tone might change. But we think any friend would smile at this most simple personalized note: “You’re the best. I’m lucky to know you.”
Pick out some note cards at Pear Tree and start practicing how to write a thank you note!
Everyone has a friend who is amazingly quick with the thank you cards or the note saying just the right thing. She sends it right away, as a matter of courtesy and good manners, which makes you feel great, of course, but also a little guilty that you’re not more like her!
We all have the power to make someone feel good, we just don’t use it often enough. And the truth is, thank you cards make the sender feel just as good as the person who receives it. So for all you wannabee thank-you-note-writers, here are a few thank you ideas to make you feel better about yourself and to make someone else smile.
Send a card to thank your sister for being helpful with your kids
Thank a soldier for serving his or her country
Thank your professional mentor you haven’t talked to in a while
Send a teacher a thank you note in the middle of the school year instead of at the end
Thank your hubby in a handwritten personalized note card for being such a great guy
One of the most rewarding thank you ideas, for both you and the recipient, is the one the recipient least expects. Sometimes just saying what’s in your heart is the best way to go. Try it and see how good you feel!
Find thank you cards that fit your style at Pear Tree, and personalize them with your name and color choices to make them your own!