With the winter we are having in Minnesota, an outdoor party is out of the question. My niece has a March birthday and every year we struggle to come up with indoor birthday party ideas. This year for her 6th birthday we decided to embrace the cold. Our theme was “Baby, it’s cold outside,” and we decided to stay indoors and have each guest create a canvas craft project. We emphasized the theme with snowflakes on our invitations and a hot chocolate bar for the birthday treat!
Pear Tree’s Snow Day Vertical Christmas Cards with white snowflakes printing over the full photo made perfect winter birthday party invitations. We added Avery’s photos and changed the text to spell out the party details to invite everyone to the celebration.
Graduation season is right around the corner and that means you have just enough time to plan a fun party! We took our Kraft Ribbon Booklet for Her graduation invitations and used the fun and vibrant colors to jump-start our party theme. Who said graduation parties have to be in school colors?!
St. Patrick’s Day is Monday and so Pear Tree decided to have a St. Patrick’s Day themed treat day in the office. All the food was delicious and it was fun coming up with the ideas.
Kelsey made the rainbow fruit tray with a cloud (fruit dip) and a pot of gold coins (Rolos) at the end of it. Colorful, fun and tasty!
On the left is the always-necessary-at-any-treat-day guacamole from David and on the right is a green salad with bacon bits from Christy. Perfecto.
Looking for ways to throw a graduation party without blowing the budget? Here are some money saving graduation party ideas that will help you plan a budget-friendly party your grad will love.
Our budget: $500
Rough cost breakdown:
20% for Invitations/Thank You Cards/Stamps
50% for Food
15% for Beverages
General cost-saving tips
Your biggest expenses will be for food, followed by graduation invitations and graduation thank you cards. Because these costs are dependent upon how many people you invite, you can control how much you spend by adjusting the number of people you invite.
- Create a guest list and stick to it.
- Invite only close friends and family. It’s not necessary to invite the entire graduating class. Your grad may prefer a smaller affair anyway.
- If you want to invite classmates, give your grad a limit of how many friends they can invite. And it goes without saying, avoid posting the party on Facebook.
- Use cost-saving shopping clubs such as Sam’s Club for bulk purchases like paper plates, menu ingredients and beverages.
- Share costs with another family by throwing a joint party with one of your grad’s friends.
Invitations/Thank You Cards/Stamps
While invitations and thank you cards are a necessity, they don’t have to cost a mint.
- Pear Tree’s photo paper graduation announcements and invitations start at just 30 cents each.
- Remember, your guest list may include 75 people, but you only need to send one invite per household. And classmates do not expect invitations in the mail. You only need to send them to the adults on your list.
- Create your own thank you cards. Using our DIY cards for templates you can customize them with a photo of your grad, or a great photo from the party, and make your own thank you cards!
- Hand deliver as many invites as you can to save on postage.
- Send announcements instead of party invitations to those who probably wouldn’t come to the party anyway, but whom you don’t want to exclude. This won’t cut down on printing costs, but it will cut down on party costs.
- For more invitation ideas see our graduation checklist: order invitations.
Are you a senior and interested in receiving free graduation announcements from Pear Tree Greetings? We are introducing our first-ever Senior Rep Program and excited for you to become a part of it! Why become a senior rep? This program is a great way for you to:
- Get free graduation announcements by letting your classmates know about all the exciting products Pear Tree has to offer grads. (i.e. make mom happy!)
- This program offers you the opportunity to earn more money towards our site (i.e. make mom even happier!)
- Make your graduation party a hit with family and friends from invitations to party decorations to personalized yard signs! Throw the graduation party everyone will be talking about! (i.e. you’re a rock star!)