Isn’t it adorable when your pet rolls over and is begging for a belly rub, or sits pretty with their tongue hanging out just waiting for you to toss their favorite toy? These are the moments that are worth capturing. Your pets are part of your family, and their irresistible cuteness deserves a special place on your holiday card this year.
My boyfriend and I have two pups, and I am constantly snapping pics of them with their sweet puppy expressions. This year my holiday card will be splashed with puppy photos, since my friends and family love seeing my pups nearly as much as I do. So here’s a few tips, from one pet lover to another, that will help you take fantastic pet pictures to accent this year’s holiday card.
1. Pick a location
Find a unique building for your pets to sit in front of, a beautiful nature scene or some unique flooring that complements their fur color. Make sure your location isn’t so enticing that it distracts from your furry friend. After all, you’re taking photos of your pet, not the location.
2. Bribery is a must (a.k.a. treats and toys).
You know your pets will do anything for a treat. So when you need them to stop being their usual hyper selves and sit still, don’t be afraid to bribe them with a treat or a favorite toy. Just hold your bribe of choice up next to your camera or balance it on their nose (if your pet can do tricks), and you’ll have their full attention.
Photos, photos, photos. With the rise of Instagram and Pinterest over the past couple years, photos have become the focal point of online sharing. It has influenced our designs in Christmas cards to give you more options with Instagram-friendly cards as well as a large collection of multiple photo cards. Here are 5 Christmas card photo ideas to help inspire you as you get ready for the holiday card season.
1. Sibling cuteness. Show off your kids’ personalities and how they interact on a daily basis. Are they silly? Does one like to tell jokes? Show that in your photos. Remember, it’s nice to share the fun you experience day to day with your loved ones.
It’s tough picking out what to wear for your family photos, so we are sharing with you another three outfit ideas to help you choose this year’s wardrobe. Each outfit theme was inspired by our beautiful and unique Christmas cards. You can see more clothing ideas in our what to wear for your family photos part 1 and part 2 posts. These have been very popular with our fans and followers.
1. Stylish + Chic. Gray pairs well with many different colors and one of our favorites is using this rich purple to accent it. Top it off with some black and you have a stylish and chic wardrobe combination. This look was inspired by our modern Christmas cards.
Get this look here.
Our first What to wear for your family photos post was such a success with our fans and followers that we wanted to do a second part series to give you even more ideas on what to wear for your family photos this year! We used the colors and styles of our beautiful Christmas cards to inspire the clothing ideas. Below are three very different but coordinated looks for the whole family.
1. Classic. Green has always been a signature color for Christmastime so why not incorporate a sprinkling of greens into this year’s family look? Navy blues and tans complement green and can be added as accents. This classic style was inspired by our classic Christmas cards.
Get this look here.
Picking out what to wear for a family photos can be a daunting task, but we are here to help you with some of our favorite trends and color combinations to inspire you this season! We had fun shopping for clothing ensembles to match the style of three of our favorite Christmas cards. See if you like the looks we put together!
1. Chic Style. Pair black and gold together to get a chic and modern look. Remember, not everything has to be gold. Use accent pieces like shoes and hair accessories to tie it all together. This look was inspired by our faux foil Christmas cards.
Get this look here.