Out of the dozens of Christmas cards you get this year, how many of them do you think will say, “Merry Christmas from the _____ family?” It’s the standard greeting, of course, and one that certainly gets the point across. But if you have the opportunity to customize your own Christmas greeting, wouldn’t it be nice to make it a little more personal?
You don’t have to be a poet, or a songwriter to write a great Holiday card, but it helps to know a few! Here are a few of our favorite simple but creative Christmas card wording ideas:
- use a lyric from one of your favorite Christmas carols or songs
- choose a bible verse from your favorite part of the Christmas story
- skip Christmas altogether and make a toast to the New Year
- write your message in your child’s voice, or from your pet’s perspective
- borrow a line from your favorite Christmas show or movie
The important thing is to choose words you love, because that’s what will give your Christmas greeting the perfect personal touch. Know what you want to say? Start creating your Christmas cards now. Or look for more Christmas card wording ideas on our blog.